Turbo is a solid Kodi build with a lite option for Firestick users.
Installation: TurboJ TV
Fresh start during install: Yes
Works with: Krypton (17.6)
To install Kodi onto your device, follow our Kodi installation guides. Once installed you can setup this Kodi build.
If you already have add-ons or a Kodi build installed and want to follow instructions from a vanilla Kodi as shown in the images, check out our guide on resetting Kodi for a fresh start. This build, however, offers a fresh start during install.
Allow unknown sources
- Click the settings cog at the top left.
- Select System Settings.
- Select Add-ons and enable Unknown sources.
Install the Turbo Kodi build
- Select the settings cog at the top left.
- Select File Manager.
- Select Add source on the left (double click if on PC).
- On the Add file source dialog box, select <None> and enter
- Click OK.
- Select the box under where it says Enter a name for this media source. and enter turbo.
- Select OK.
- Go back to the home screen and choose Add ons.
- Select the package installer icon at the top left.
- Select Install from zip file.
- Choose turbo.
- Select repository.turbojtv-0.1.0.zip. The version number may be different for you.
- Wait for a notification icon to appear at the top right of the screen saying TurboJ TV Repo, Add-on installed.
- Select Install from repository.
- Select TurboJ TV Repo
- Select Program Add-ons
- Select TurboJ TV Wizard
- Hit Install.
- Wait for a notification icon to appear at the top right of the screen saying TurboJ TV Wizard, Add-on installed.
- Hit Dismiss or Continue on the dialogs that pop up but choose Build Menu when prompted.
- Choose [17.6] Turbo Build (v3.4).
- Select (Turbo TV) Fresh Install. If you want to keep any existing add-ons you can choose the standard install option.
- Hit OK.
- The Turbo build will begin installing.
- When finished, hit Force close and restart Kodi for the build to be applied.
Once started for the first time, leave Kodi for a few minutes to allow the build to perform add-on updates.
Check out our installation guides for other builds.
Check out our Kodi Builds guide for more builds.
Want to remove the Turbo build? Follow this guide for a fresh start.